Friday 6 July 2012

Baby Led Weaning

When Big Muddle was little, I stumbled across Baby Led Weaning. The more I heard, the more I liked the idea. So I bought the book. And it looked better and better.

The basic concept is that when you wean your baby, you give them the same food you have, at the same time. So they learn to eat properly, straight away. It really is that simple, and that's the beauty of it.

However, when Big Muddle was weaning I was back at work full time, so I didn't get to be as involved with it as I am with Baby Muddle. So now I'm having so much fun, and so is she!

Yes, its a bit messy, but it makes such good sense and they really learn a good relationship with food. And I just can't imagine going through the hassle of purees and spoon feeding now. Here's a picture of Big Muddle when she was starting out, tucking into the broccoli from some macaroni cheese, gorgeous, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment