Sunday 24 June 2012

What a Weekend!



Well, all my fears were unfounded and we survived! Quite a bit sleepier than we were beforehand, but we had a wonderful time. We stayed at Rutland Camping & Caravan Park and were very impressed. Good playground and excellent toilet/shower block. Games room was a little limited, with only table football and air hockey, but at least there was one! 




Yesterday we walked around the village of Greetham which is very pretty, if perhaps a little over stocked with barn conversions! Lots of quirky features and thatch cottages.





We had lunch in the very fabulous Wheatsheaf at Greetham. A pretty pub with beer garden, great drinks selection including cask ales and an amazing menu, including an array on the 'specials' board and a children's menu. Highchairs were no problem, staff friendly and the food some of the best I have tasted. Ever. I seriously recommend this place!

All of the children were so great all weekend, even when the weather wasn't behaving, and really did us proud. All in all a fabulous time, but what I didn't need is an England quarter final tonight, when I'm so ready for my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment