Wednesday 12 December 2012

Cinderella, you shall go to the ball!

On Saturday, Grandad Muddle took Big Muddle and I to Nottingham Theatre Royal to see their pantomime for this year, Cinderella.

The cast included Sheila Ferguson from The Three Degrees as the Fairy Godmother, John Partridge of Eastenders fame as Prince Charming and the Grumbleweeds, who I didn't know, Big Muddle certainly didn't know and even Grandad Muddle scratched his head to remember! However, it was the latter who really were the stars of the show, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!

The performance was fantastic, great effects including a flying horse and the costumes were stunning. Sheila Ferguson's solo was fab, Big Muddle said, "she sings vevee vevee beautifully"!

Because the Grumbleweeds were the main comedy duo, it did leave the Ugly Sisters with more of a sinister edge, so Big Muddle was a little scared of them, but that's really the most negative thing I could say!

It's my first panto in a long time and we'll definitely be looking into booking for 2013's performance of Peter Pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment